Learn to Earn Dayton is dedicated to fostering the success of all Montgomery County children from birth until their graduation from college or selection of a career.
Our "Big Goal" is that 60% of Montgomery County's workforce will have a college degree or high quality credential by 2025.
Our focuses are:
- Giving every child the opportunity to attend at least 1 year of high quality Preschool
- Promoting all students' attendance and reducing chronic absenteeism
- Expanding afterschool and summer learning opportunities
- Ensuring every child is reading well in 3rd grade
- Expanding high-school internship opportunities and career pathways
- Ensuring every high-school graduate has a plan to attend college or earn a credential after graduating from high school
- Driving up FAFSA completion
Our approach is:
- Create and leverage partnerships
- Promote best practices
- Foster equity by targeting sub-populations of children
- Gather data to drive good decisions